Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Student Created Live Binders

Recently, I announced that I will be presenting at the European Council of International Schools’ (ECIS) Technology conference. My presentation will be called Using Technology to Create Community. I will be sharing websites that can be used to create community and I have a special way I’d like to get all of the teachers in the “blogosphere” and beyond to truly show those at the conference what a global community can do for teachers and students. I’ll have more details on this next week - February 27th. In the meantime, each week, I will be sharing with you all some of the websites I will be discussing in my presentation.

My students have recently started using this week’s website.  They are researching a scientist and then using Live Binder to present the information they have found.  Live Binder is a website where students create binders with tabs.  Each tab can include text, pictures, videos and links.  The tabs are a great way for students to learn how to segment their information.

image

Once the students finish their Live Binders, they will be reading each others’ Live Binders and leaving them comments.

Be sure to stop by next week for the big conference collaboration and giveaway opportunity!

Heidi-Raki-of-Rakis-Rad-Resources_th

No comments:

Post a Comment