Thursday, June 9, 2011

Creating Clip Art Graphics

For the last 9 months or so, I have been working on “re-vamping” my existing products, adding better aesthetics – font, clipart, alignment etc.  I have been working with a friend and colleague, who gives fabulous feedback.  This friend and I were discussing how much it costs to purchase clip art, and I mentioned downloading some clipart off of Teachers Pay Teachers.  My friend’s response was – “How do you make clipart?”  This simple question has sent my husband and I on a new quest.

Faced with any challenge, I always want to know the answer.  So, I started FreddyFishplaying, using a combination of SmartNotebook, Microsoft Word, and MSPaint, I was able to create and manipulate some images and save them as .jpg and .png files – voila clipart!  Then, my husband came in and played with them in Photoshop, and we TommyTurtlegreenchecksreally started having fun.  One thing I learned is that creating clip art is addictive!!!  I have other things to work on, but creating clip art is like coloring, it kind of soothes the soul, so I keep creating.  I started with fish and turtles and stars, and then moved on to people. 

Right now, I am creating “character clipart”.  These are little people that you canzoejumpropered use within a presentation or a project.  I have finished 3 student characters and a zackbasketballredteacher character.  When I am finished with 3 more student characters, I plan to create some E-Books using my characters.  Right now, only two characters – Zack and Zoe are available for sale at TPT.  I will be adding more as I get the finishing touches put on them.

All of the images I post may be used with a simple credit given to: Graphics by Raki. 

I’m looking for ideas of other clipart to create – post a comment telling me what clipart you’d like and I’ll send you one of my characters for free.

Also, if you do NOT currently sell on Teachers Pay Teachers, and you would like to sign up under my referral link – I’d be happy to share all of my clipart with you for FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment