Sunday, October 23, 2011

Top 10 Phonics Videos




I love to use YouTube in my classroom as a teaching tool.  Let me preface this post by saying I did not make any of these videos, nor do I know the people who did.  These are simply ones I have found as I search and thought I would share my searching skills with you.  So, that being said, here are 10 great videos to use for teaching phonics skills:

10.  Short Vowel Song – This cute jazzy song reviews short vowel sounds.
9.  Long Vowel Song – This little song gives lots of great examples of words with the long vowels.
8.  Letter Sound Song – Great little song with a picture and sound for each letter.
7.  Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Video – Good explanation for how to blend sounds – not a song.
6.  Digraph Rap – Cute way to explain digraphs.
5.  Beginning Blends – Explains blends at the beginning of words, with great graphics.
4.  Magic E with Ms. Jenny – This video explains how the silent e changes a short vowel into a long vowel sound.
3.  At Family Song – Song version explanation for how to sound out at words.
2.  The Big Pig Song – Wonderful song with good graphics for the ig family.
1.  Super E – This video explains a silent e turning a short vowel into a long one with a cute, hiphop beat, and a GREAT explanation!  This is my new favorite video and my kids love it too!

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment