Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Primary Problem Solving Center

psbirdsMy newest math center is working so well, I just had to tell you about it.  I have been feeling the need to build in some problem solving, but so many of my 1st graders are either non-readers or beginning readers, that I’m been scared to add in a complete problem solving center, like I would’ve used with my 3rd graders.  So, I started making these little problem solving cards, which are simple, and pictorial.  Kids pick four cards out of a bucket and glue them onto their problem solving paper.  Then, they work together psballoonsto solve the problems.  Here is a link to some that I uploaded to my TPT store for FREE – these are half addition and half subtraction.  I also made some that are specific to subtraction.  I use the problem solving sheet with these – but they could easily be glued into a spiral bound notebook or a math journal.  I have a math journal on my TPT store, but this group I have this year, isn’t quite ready for it.  Isn’t it strange how each group is so different? 

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment