Thursday, May 24, 2012

Enhance Your Calendar Math

One of the best things I’ve done this year is to add Calendar Books to my Calendar Math program.  I love June Calendar Math Book - Freeusing calendar math to get my students looking more at numbers in a more in depth way.  I think the routine of calendar helps students to internalize numbers and gain a better understanding of the workings of numbers.  My calendar books have made my students more engaged during our whole group calendar time, and have given them some ownership over the learning that happens there.  I’ve made a little video for you of how I use these calendar books.

 

 

Next year, I want to do more with this concept, so I started making different levels for my learning pages.  I know have 6 levels, of which I think I’ll use 3 next year, and I have 12 different cover pages, one for each month.  I put them all together into an E-Book to share with you.  You can even grab two sample books for FREE – one for June and one for September at Raki’s Shop, or download all of the leveled pages and covers for $7.00.  This product is available exclusively at Raki’s Shop, grab one and be ready for a year’s worth of Calendar Math.  I will be so excited to use this from the beginning of the year last year – don’t you hate when you figure out something to works great, but the year’s more than half over! 

I’d love it if you tell me how you use Calendar Math in your classroom.

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment