Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Real Life Graphing Survey

Let kids survey each other and create graphs with this free Heritage Week Graph Packet from Raki's Rad Resources.Last week was Heritage Week for my school.  We spent the week learning about where the students in our schools come from.  We were also learning about graphing.  I decided to integrate the two topics by having my students survey the students in the school and graph the information.  They asked the students the following four questions:

1.)  What country are you from?

2.)  What languages do you speak?

3.)  How many kids are in your family?

4.)  What month were you born in?

While the students were surveying the school, they Let kids survey each other and create graphs with this free Heritage Week Graph Packet from Raki's Rad Resources.created a tally chart.  Then, the students created frequency charts, bar graphs and picto-graphs with the information they collected.  If you would like to do this activity with your kids, feel free to grab a free copy of my Heritage Week Graph Packet for free from Google Docs.

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! What a great way for students to learn things about one another and get a fabulous math lesson in too! Thanks for the freebie! I can't wait to use it in my room.

    ReplyDelete