Monday, January 28, 2013

Calendar Book Updates

This year is my first time teaching British math standards, and wowzers are they more intense!  Our adopted program – Abacus Evolve, moves at a quick pace, but it cycles around so that my students get to come back to the key concepts multiple times.  As a supplement, my students also use my Problem Solving Path Program and Calendar Books with a review of number sense concepts, to give my students a nice, well rounded program.  However, none of my current calendar levels were really intense enough for my 4th graders (Year 5 UK) in this program, so I added two additional levels, which added concepts like doubling and halving numbers, multiplying and dividing by 10 and 100, and working on elapsed time.

         Use differentiated calendar books to provide daily practice at 8 different levels - created by Raki's Rad Resources                Use differentiated calendar books to provide daily practice at 8 different levels - created by Raki's Rad Resources.

These new levels have really helped my students continue on with their math standards by practicing these in our daily review during calendar math.  I uploaded these two new levels into my existing calendar math book program, so if you’ve already purchased it, stop by my Teachers Pay Teachers store to download the newest updates.  If you haven’t grabbed these yet, there are now 2 more levels at the exact same price!

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment