Sunday, September 29, 2013

What Can Kids Learn from Adults?

Professional Development Sundays at Raki's Rad Resources   

Recently, I posted about how my school is using Facebook and Pinterest as part of our professional development.  (See the whole post HERE.) I’ve decided to pass on some of the best videos and articles I come across to you each Sunday evening.  Here is this week’s professional development post:

 Do you learn from your students on purpose?  Should?  Come join the discussion at Raki's Rad Resources.

The speaker in today’s video is 13 year’s old.  She is a published author who gives talks like this one regularly.  She talks about how adults can learn from children, and pushes adults to not only let children be creative and take chances, but also to watch and learn from the decisions children make.  Her speech is funny, and articulate and would be great to show to your students or your staff.  What I most took away from her speech was how much her parents supported her and exposed her to lots of new ideas.  This is totally what I try to do with my personal children, as well as my students.  How do you learn from your children?

 

If you’re interested in more professional development videos – follow my Professional Development Pinterest board.

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment