Sunday, October 6, 2013

Do you rap for your students?

Professional Development Sunday at Raki's Rad Resources

Recently, I posted about how my school is using Facebook and Pinterest as part of our professional development.  (See the whole post HERE.) I’ve decided to pass on some of the best videos and articles I come across to you each Sunday evening.  Here is this week’s professional development post:

would you rap to your students - Sunday Professional development at Raki's Rad Resources - how do you engage your students?

We all know raps and songs interest and engage our students.  The teacher in the video below talks about how he used raps that he writes to engage his students in his middle school math class.  I loved watching his description of putting himself out there for his kids, thinking he failed, and then later finding out what an impact he made.  However, more powerful than making songs for his students was when he let the kids make math music videos for themselves.  This is something I want to try in my classroom.

 

If you’re interested in more professional development videos – follow my Professional Development Pinterest board.

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment