Sunday, January 26, 2014

Multi-Age Lesson Plans – Week of January 27th

Last week, I posted my lesson plans showing how much of my resources I actually use in my classroom.  I received such a wonderful response that I decided to share my plans each week for the rest of the school year.  

 Multi-age lesson plans in a differentiated, project based, flipped classroom - Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources.

Every morning, my students come in and work on their nursery rhyme – this week is Peter Piper.  Then they work on their differentiated vocabulary packets.  I have 2 Level 1 ESL students, who will work on Family this week.  Meanwhile, my native English speakers are working on  L endings, like el, al and il.  After they finish their vocabulary, my students work on their math textbook pages or their writing assignments.

Meanwhile, I pull reading groups.  Many of my students are still working on Reading A-Z books, but my Mister and Me group is getting ready to read Chapter 6, which is one of the most exciting chapters.  My teammate teaches the older students reading.  She has a group working on Charlotte’s Web and one working on Bridge to Terabithia.

 Multi-age lesson plans in a differentiated, project based, flipped classroom - Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

After snack and recess, my students each take a one minute math quiz – differentiated among 7 levels.  Next, my students work on their calendar books and their daily math. 

 This week, all of my students will be adding the Coordinate Graphing reference page to their Interactive Math Notebooks.  We will also be doing a Coordinate Graphing scavenger hunt and using the bus schedule to plan a trip.  On Monday, we will also add our Math Idiom:  A Bad Penny.  All of our math lessons are quickies this week, so I hope students will get a chance to work on their Math Videos, because they are starting to really shape up.  Here is one that that one of my Year 4 (3rd grade) students made using Powtoon:

 

Free planning sheet to guide students through the process of designing an insulation device.Wednesday and Thursday are science days.  On Wednesday, we will be working on how color absorbs heat by melting ice cubes under colored pieces of paper.  On Thursday, the students will begin to design their own insulation device.  I have a planning sheet for them that you can download for FREE from Google Docs

 

 

 

Multi-age lesson plans in a differentiated, project based, flipped classroom - Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

In the afternoons, my partner teacher works on Writing and Social Studies.  This week students are continuing to work poetry using pieces of my Poetry Writing Journal.  They are writing poems about Springtime.  In Social Studies, the students are learning about money and beginning to plan a weekend trip to a location of their choice, with the condition that they can only spend 100 Euros.  During this time, I work with a small group of first year ESL students, to give them extra support. 

Homework in my class is all assigned via Edmodo.  Monday and Tuesday’s math video links can be found on my collaborative math video Google Doc, which is always available to my students if they need to re-watch a video they have already seen.

I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek into my plans for the week.  What’s on your plans this week?

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment