Monday, February 24, 2014

How Does Learning About Our Brains Help Us Teach?

image

Recently, I posted about how my school is using Facebook and Pinterest as part of our professional development.  (See the whole post HERE.) I’ve decided to pass on some of the best videos and articles I come across to you each Sunday evening.  Here is this week’s professional development post:

Brain based learning has been an important teaching strategy for a long time.  This video, by Daniel Wolpert, a neuroscientist, discusses how the brain works in a way that is easy to understand.  This video is a must watch for anyone contemplating utilizing brain based strategies in the classroom.

 

If you’re interested in more professional development videos – follow my Professional Development Pinterest board or click on the banner below for similar posts.

pdsunday

 

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

 

No comments:

Post a Comment