Sunday, March 9, 2014

Weekly Lesson Plans: March 10 – March 14

Would you like a peek into what will be happening in my class next week?  Here is a copy of my lesson plans:

Differentiated multiage lesson plans for grade 2, grade 3, grade 4 and grade 5 (Year 3, year 4, year 5 and Year 6) - find more details at Raki's Rad Resources.

 

Every morning, my students come in and work on their nursery rhyme – this week is To Market, To Market.  Then they work on their differentiated vocabulary packets.  I have 2 Level 1 ESL students, who will work on Transportation this week.  Meanwhile, my native English speakers are working on  Prefixes.  After they finish their vocabulary, my students work on their math review sheets or their writing assignments.

Meanwhile, I pull reading groups.  Some of my students are still working on Reading A-Z books, but my Mister and Me group is getting almost finished with the book.  They will be reading chapters 11 and 12 this week and preparing for their final comprehension quiz next week.  One of my younger groups has just begun to read the non-fiction book Ice Wreck about Ernest Shakleton and his misadventures in Antarctica.

 Differentiated multiage lesson plans for grade 2, grade 3, grade 4 and grade 5 (Year 3, year 4, year 5 and Year 6) - find more details at Raki's Rad Resources.

After snack and recess, my students each take a one minute math quiz – differentiated among 7 levels.  Next, my students work on their calendar books and their daily math. 

This week, all of my students will be preparing for their comprehensive trimester test by completing review sheets.  On Monday, we will also add our Math Idiom:  I’ve Told You a Thousand Times.   

Once students have finished their math tests, they will be finishing up their heat inquiry projects.  The students have chosen questions about heat like “How do we make fires bigger?” and “How does a microwave work?” and have been researching for 3 weeks.  Now students are working on creating Powtoon videos to teach their classmates what they learned.

In the afternoons, my partner teacher works on Writing and Social Studies.  This week students are continuing to work poetry using pieces of my Informational Writing Journal. In Social Studies, the students are completing their goods project, tracing back student selected goods like gummy bears and bottled water to their natural resources.  The students are just about finished researching and have begun creating Prezi presentations with their information. During this time, I work with a small group of first year ESL students, to give them extra support. 

Homework in my class is all assigned via Edmodo.  Monday and Wednesday’s math video links can be found on my collaborative math video Google Doc, which is always available to my students if they need to re-watch a video they have already seen.

I hope you enjoyed this sneak peek into my plans for the week.  What’s on your plans this week?

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment