Monday, November 16, 2015

New Release – Fable Packet Bundle

A few years ago, I created a reading response packet for the fable The Tortoise and the Hare. I created the packet for a specific group of English language learners that I was teaching in a summer school program. Other than listing this packet on Teachers Pay Teachers to share with other teachers, I hadn’t given it a whole lot of thought. Then two things serendipitously happened. Event one was starting the symbols unit of a year long country study with my kids. During this unit, we look at folktales, religions, arts, music and other things that can become a “symbol” of a country. This unit always means we read a bunch of folktales, nursery rhymes, fables, etc. The second event was a comment left by a customer asking me if I had similar packets for other fables. Since I was already in folktale/fable mode, this seemed like a good time to go ahead and make up some similar packets. So this week during my spare time, a.k.a after the kids went to bed, I put together reading response packets for five other Aesop’s fables. Each one includes re-telling activities, reading strategy activities, vocabulary activities and writing activities. I showed them to my son and the 3rd grader was excited to have something new to add to our folkales unit.

The new packets are all together in this bundle:

Reading Response Packets - Aesop Fables

Or you can buy each packet individually:

the ant and the grasshopper reader's response packet

the crow and the pitcher reader's response packet

the fox and the crow reader's response packet

the dog and the wolf reader's response packet

the lion and the mouse reader's response packet

Folktales, fables, songs and stories, great ways to teach about cultures. I hope these packets help you use these in your classroom.

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment