Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Finished!!!!

Watching everyone on the “blogosphere” set up their classrooms has made me so jealous.  My school doesn’t start until September, and due to construction, I can’t even get in to look at or set up my classroom.  So, I decided I was going to finish my Word Family Kit instead, so that I would have something all set and ready to go before I walk into my classroom.  Of course, I bit off more ush1than I could chew – as usual – and picked 41 word families to work with!  I don’t know if I am going to get to them all with my students, but I’m sure going to try.  I also decided that since I know that my population this year is 95% EFL (this will be my first year teaching at an American School in Morocco, where most of my students will speak Arabic and French, but not English), that the Word Family Kit needed to be heavy in visuals. 

So, I have officially finished the first piece – the File Folder Games.  Although this doesn’t sound like much, these games hold the graphics that go with each Word Family.  I am going to use these same visuals in the Word Wall cards, the student created books, and the power point presentations, in an effort to build consistency for my students and help them build an understanding of what these words mean.  I am so glad to have these games finished and be ready to move on to the next step.  Tomorrow I will post the remaining Word Family File Folder Games on my TPT store, as well as posting the entire group at a reduced price!  They are $0.99 each, or $10 for all 41!  Right now, it is very LATE here in Casablanca, and I am headed to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment