Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Math Journal Done!

I still haven’t been able to get into my classroom, but I am plugging away at home.  I took my intermediate math journal and re-vamped it for primary.  I think it will work beautifully for 1st grade!  I am not putting it on my TPT store yet though, because I want to include problem solving prompts and teacher directions.  It does have a place for your kids to write or glue the problem (I may leave it in Word so people can type in the problems like I do – what do you think?), reminders on how to plan your thinking, a place to work out the problem and a place to explain your thinking.  Plus, I added a rubric so I can give my kids feedback every day!  I love using journals as a way to give my kids honest feedback every day and let them see the growth they make over the course of a year.  But, here is a sneak peek!
mjp1mjp2mjp3

Don’t forget I also have journals for reading, writing and science!  In fact, you can win my Primary Narrative Writing Journal at the contest run by the Organized Classroom Blog.  Hurry and enter before Friday, August 26th! 

Hopefully I will be in my classroom soon and can get going (and take some pictures for my readers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment