Thursday, August 25, 2011

Where it’s at Wednesday (post on Thursday)

Sorry this post is a day late – I didn’t get the keys to my classroom until yesterday, and didn’t actually get to work in there until today.  I am teaching in what used to be a Kindergarten classroom, so I’m weeding out what might be too little for my Big Kid First Graders.  Anyways, here is a look at the before and middle of my classroom (It’s far from done).

100_5579100_5580
Check out all this primary furniture!!  For a new to primary person, this was interesting to see.  But look at that BIG blank wall, perfect for my wordwall!!!

100_5582100_5581

There really aren’t any hallways in my school, all doors lead outside – mine leads to the Kindergarten play area and to the bathroom (yellow doors straight through the windows).  I am super excited to be so close to the bathrooms, because I LOATHE stopping learning to take the class on bathroom breaks.

100_5583100_5584

Excuse the silly kids getting in my picture – they were actually big helpers.  Do you notice the strings attached to my lights, ready and set to hang from?  One good thing about Morocco – no fire codes, lol!  Now, check out the one and only computer in my room.  For those of you who don’t know – I am a super techie, so this is the hardest part of my transition – going to only one computer.  Plus, it is right now situated up on my big teacher desk, and not accessible to the kids.  I am trying to figure out how to change that.

Okay – Progress, not completeness, but progress:
100_5585100_5586
My son is posing in our “library”/meeting area.  I was psyched to unearth a whiteboard easel – perfect for morning message.  If you can’t see closely, those are all Dr. Seuss books on top of my bookshelves.  Dr. Seuss is going to be as close as I get to a “theme” this year.  I love his books, and think they are perfect for first grade.

100_5587100_5588
The front of my room has been broken a little into centers, and I have put the appropriate materials where they belong, but of course no decoration has occurred.  I am not sure if the kitchen is staying, but for right now it separates out my centers.  The boxes on the windowsill belong to another teacher – they aren’t mine.  Smile

I still have boxes up on my terrace to go to my classroom, and plenty of work to do, but I think I did pretty well for my 1st day!

No comments:

Post a Comment