Thursday, February 23, 2012

Read the Word Wall Center

How do you use your Word Wall?  One of my students’ favorite things to do is to read our word wall.  Our word wall is HUGE -  200 sight wordreadtherooms and about 150 word family words, plus shape words, color words, number words and the kids’ names, so we’re talking about close to 500 words.  My kids are challenging each other right now to see who 100_6170can read more of it.  (Mainly because I’m offering a lollipop to any student who can read the whole thing at the end of the year.)  When we started reading the word wall, I used this sheet to help them record a few of the words that they could read.  At the end of centers, I choose one or two students (always randomly) to read their sheet to me.  It’s a great way to monitor a Read the Room type of center!  I uploaded the sheet into Google Docs, so feel free to grab a copy for FREE.
signature_thumb1_thumb_thumb_thumb_t[1]
rakishop6222522222

No comments:

Post a Comment