Saturday, April 7, 2012

International Day Was Exhausting!

Wow – I knew that International Day was going to be a lot of work, but I didn’t realize I’d be too tired to type!  I got home from the “fun” of International Day yesterday, and was too tired to do anything.  So, I apologize for missing Game Night Friday, but I promise to be back with new Board Game suggestions next week.  BTW – If you have a board game lying around that you’d like suggestions for – please feel free to leave me a comment and I’ll add it to our collection soon.  Scroll down for some pictures of the “fun” we had at International Day – it was actually really fun, all of the parents came, my kids remembered their information, did good in their play (Never Cry Croc – the DRC’s version of the Boy Who Cried Wolf) and looked super cute in their outfits.  Then, we ended it all with a rendition of We Are the World.
In addition to the International Day craziness – I’ve spent all day Everything's Intermediate Expo - English Language Learners Webinarputting the finishing touches on my presentation for the Everything’s Intermediate Expo.  That was something else that was “fun”, but a whole lot of work!  Thankfully, it looks like it’s all coming together well and I think I got in all the information I wanted.  If you haven’t bought a ticket yet – you still have 13 days to pre-order and save $5, so grab your ticket soon!
After all the “fun” I’ve had lately, I’d like to spend the next week in bed, but my kids have convinced me to put a few days at the beach, a trip to the zoo and a trip to the movies on our Spring Break itinerary – so I don’t think that will happen! 

Buffet of Foods from the Democratic Republic of Congo     Student Presentations on the Democratic Republic of Congo

Student Presentations on the Democratic Republic of Congo     Student Created African Masks for Project on the Democratic Republic of Congo

     Rainforest Classroom Display with the Congo River
Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources
Raki's Rad Resources Teachers Pay Teachers Store rakishop4222222321 tn421

No comments:

Post a Comment