Saturday, April 21, 2012

Virtual Teaching Expo Question and Answer

Today is the day we’ve been waiting for!  It’s been a few months since I goodie bag for teachersannounced that I would be presenting at the Everything’s Intermediate Expo.  As of 12:01 am the Expo is live and ready for you to view.  The goodie bag is ready to be downloaded - and what a goodie bag it is – 9 different quality teacher resources, including my set of 6 reading logs.  (I was so excited to score some amazing resources from this goodie bag – including a Smartboard lesson from Laura Candler!)  The interaction and learning is ready to begin!
Each presenter will have a Question & Answer post today, so please stop by their blogs and tell them what you thought about their videos.  Here are quick links to their blogs:

Cara of Teaching… My Calling has done a wonderful presentation on Integrating Technology in the Classroom – with great, real life examples of how to use technology with your students.




Mor of A Teacher’s Treasure has made interactive notebooks simple and easy to understand, so you can start them with your class right away.


Tales of Frogs & Cupcakes
Janaye of Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes has some great suggestions on how to make math fun and meaningful for your students.



NEWLOGOAnd then there’s me!  For those of you who don’t know my topic – I have 53 minutes for you on strategies for teaching English Language Learners, which is a passion of mine.  We will be talking about all 4 domains: speaking, listening, reading and writing!

So, click on over to the Expo and watch the videos – and then come back here and give me a 3-2-1!  Have you ever done 3-2-1’s with your students?  I love them – they are such a great, simple way to gauge comprehension, and start discussions, plus they provide a nice structure for English Language Learners.  Here is a 3-2-1 for you.  In the comment section:
Tell me 3 concerns you have for the English Language Learners you teach.
Tell me 2 questions you have about: teaching English Language Learners, my classroom, the strategies discussed in the video, or anything else you’re burning to ask.
Tell me 1 strategy you’ll take back into your classroom on Monday.

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, I have a wedding to attend, but I'm definitely checking out your presentation this afternoon. Having several EL students, I look forward to the strategies you introduce. I wanted you to know that I've added a handout to my post. I didn't want to miss out. I definitely want to Skype with your class. We are a small rural school in north Alabama, and I can guarantee that my students don't even know where Morocco is. Send me an email at teachingcalling@gmail.com.

    Cara
    Teaching...My Calling

    ReplyDelete