Thursday, March 21, 2013

Number Combinations App

Understanding number combinations is a key piece to math.  My math program stresses kids being able to find number bonds and connections in number combinations.  So, when a friend introduced me to Hungry Fish, I knew I had stumbled on a great practice tool for my kids.  The games spits out a variety of bubbles with numbers in it and a fish with a larHungry Fish math app makes a great independent math center.ger number on the fish.  The number on the fish is the number the fish must eat.  Students drag the bubbles around to make combinations that will add up to the number on the fish.  Simple and easy, this app makes a great independent math center.

What’s your kids’ favorite math app?

 

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

 

3 comments:

  1. I've been using Native Numbers with K, 1, and sometimes 2. It is great because the first few levels don't even have visible numbers. they have to count it themselves and see correlation. I actually posted about it a little while ago (Native Number Sense).


    I also LOVE Numbers League. I'vebeen using it for two year. Superheroes vs. Villians in math.

    thanks, now I'll go an grab Hungry Fish.
    Matt

    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through the All Things Upper Elementary. I'm your newest follower. Thanks for the freebie.
    Jenn
    Doodling Around in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete