Sunday, August 4, 2013

Have you Flipped Your Classroom?

Taking PD into your own hands - Professional Development Sunday at Raki's Rad Resources Recently, I posted about how my school is using Facebook and Pinterest as part of our professional development.  (See the whole post HERE.) I’ve decided to pass on some of the best videos and articles I come across to you each Sunday evening.  Here is this week’s professional development post:

 Can tutorial videos change the future of education?  Professional Development Sundays at Raki's Rad Resources

 This year, I “discovered” the flipped classroom concept and fell in love with the Khan Academy.  (See how I flipped my math classroom HERE.)  This week’s video is by the creator of Khan Academy, Salman Khan who developed Khan Academy on accident when he was tutoring his cousins long distance.  What I love most about this video isn’t even the videos at Khan Academy – although I do love those!  My favorite part is the inspiration to have students not only be receiving videos but also creating videos and collaborating with their peers to create a global classroom.  Have you tried flipping your classroom?

 

If you’re interested in more professional development videos – follow my Professional Development Pinterest board.

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment