Sunday, November 17, 2013

How are Free Online Courses Changing Education?

How are free online college courses changing the future of education as we know it?

Recently, I posted about how my school is using Facebook and Pinterest as part of our professional development.  (See the whole post HERE.) I’ve decided to pass on some of the best videos and articles I come across to you each Sunday evening.  Here is this week’s professional development post:

This week’s video is talking about sharing some of the most popular courses from some of the biggest name universities (Harvard, Yale, Stanford) with the entire world for free.  As someone who earned my Master’s degree online, I am well aware that online classes are just as much work (if not more) as classes taken in brick and mortar universities.  However, the flexibility to work on classes wherever and whenever you are provides amazing benefits to students around the world.  I’d love to hear your thoughts on the matter – please leave me a comment with your thoughts on free online college courses.

 

If you’re interested in more professional development videos – follow my Professional Development Pinterest board or click on the banner below.

Professional Development Sunday at Raki's Rad Resources

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

1 comment:

  1. Online training education provided and also the courses as well changes the type of education. Online classes are just as much work as classes taken from internet and social networking sides.

    ReplyDelete