Monday, August 25, 2014

Math Mini Lesson – Why Do We Learn Math?

Math Mini Lesson #1 - Why do we learn math?  A flipped classroom video by Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad ResourcesFor the past two years, I have used the flipped classroom approach to teaching Math.  (For more specific details on this, check out my blog post – My Flipped Classroom)  During the course of these two years, I spent A LOT of time scrounging through YouTube and other sites looking for the PERFECT video to cover what I needed to cover.  Of course, I rarely found the perfect video, so I used ones that were close and compiled quite a list, which you can find in the post Using Google Docs to Aid in Collaboration.  I never made my own videos for one simple reason – time, as a classroom teacher you NEVER have enough time.

Since I do not have a classroom to prepare for this year, I have a bit more time on my hands.  So, I decided to go ahead and record those mini lesson videos that I needed last year and share them with you guys on my YouTube page.  The videos are created to be used with my Interactive Notebook pages, which will linked in the video descriptions, but can honestly be used by anyone in a flipped classroom, blended classroom, homeschool environment or just to save you from having to prepare a mini lesson.  :)

This week’s mini lesson is on the age old question:  Why do we learn math?

Feel free to use this lesson in your classroom or share it with your teammates.  I will be posting new videos to my YouTube page regularly and will feature one video a week here on the blog.

Are you flipping any part of your instruction this year?  If so, please leave me a comment telling me what grade level and subject!

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment