Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Word Wall Exploded!

Why is it that I never plan my word wall correctly?  It doesn’t matter what kind of word wall I create, halfway through the year it looks so off balanced!

Last year, my 1st grade sight word and word family photo (84)word wall was huge, but of course the S and C sections overtook all of the others.  When I took it down, I promised myself I would remind myself to make that section larger the next time that I created a word wall.  But, of course I forgot!

This year, I created a word wall to collect the vocabulary words that we come across in the variety of books we read through guided reading and novel studies.  I love having the words all together, and the kids get to look at the words from books that the other groups read, as well as use it to find the words that they read in a variety of books.

Of course, the S and C sections have exploded again.  Here’s what they look like:

photo (82)   photo (83)

How do you prevent your word wall from exploding?

Heidi Raki of Raki's Rad Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment